i) Medical Biotechnology
- Therapeutic potential applications of PSA mimetics in cell culture and mouse models of brain injury and disease.
- Ashwagandha derived phytochemicals for development of differentiation-based therapy of brain cancers.
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of adverse effects of antiepileptic (AEDs) and mood stabilizing drugs.
(ii) Plant Biotechnology
- Role of genes encoding peptidyl Prolyl Cis-Trans Isomerases in plants.
- Transgenic analysis for the role of genes involved in vesicle transport in abiotic stress tolerance of wheat.
- Studies are being carried out to understand the role calmodulin-binding proteins in abiotic stress tolerance of plants.
- StudyROS dynamics and its implications in plant stress tolerance.
- Biotechnological approaches in enhancement of commercial value of With ania somnifera.
- Molecular and biochemical approaches to study brassinosteroid mediated responses in rice using salt and pesticide stress.
(iii) Microbial Biotechnology
- Characterization of cellulolytic microorganism.
- Myxobacteria as a potential source of antimicrobial activity.
(iv) Structural and Computational Biology
- Application of bioinformatics in identification of Plasmodium drug targets (eg. Hsps, PHIST).
- Structural characterisation of drug targets using experimental methods and in silico
- Molecular docking studies for the identification of new inhibitors.
- Understanding protein-ligand interaction using MD simulations studies.